A set of teeth is like a new car; shiny and bright in the beginning but often in need of spare or replacement parts as time goes by. Losing a tooth is sometimes unavoidable. In fact, few will make it through life with 32 teeth. Let’s explore a few teeth replacement options and how they can contribute to your overall dental health.
Causes of Tooth Loss
- Food particles containing carbohydrates left on the teeth cause decay.
- On the other hand, gum disease develops when too much plaque settles on the gum line, leading to swelling and reddening of the gum tissue.
- Accidents and sports injuries are other causes of tooth loss.
Impact Of Missing Teeth
- An unattractive gap in your mouth.
- Losing one or more teeth can impact speech, eating, and other dental problems.
- Missing teeth can change the outline of your face
- Your bite may change to compensate for the lost teeth causing tooth grinding, tooth sensitivity, and difficulty in chewing in the long run.
What Are The Best Options If You Lose Your Teeth?
This treatment entails surgically mounting a titanium frame or post into your lower or upper jaw. Then, a replacement tooth is mounted to the implant, which helps the tooth remain in place securely.
Bridges are fixed dental devices that bridge the gap formed by one or more missing teeth.
Dentures are a perfect removable tooth replacement option for people who are missing many of their teeth.
There are many practical options to remedy a lost tooth, regardless if it was lost via injury, decay, or gum disease. Each option has its share of advantages and disadvantages, which your dentist can help you evaluate based on your budget and specific needs. Consult GLOJAS dentists for all restorative dental procedures, including implants, bridges, and dentures.