Absolutely! Hair transplant is not just a solution for those dealing with hair fall but also for those aiming to redefine their hairlines or achieve a more attractive mane. However, the question remains: Is hair transplant truly safe and successful? Is it a lasting procedure or does it lead to undesired tissue changes in the body?
Hair transplant is a surgical process involving the removal of hair follicles from various body sites, such as the face or legs, and implanting them in areas with hair loss. This technique is also employed for eyelash and eyebrow transplants. The latest advancements, particularly in follicular hair transplantation (FUT) techniques, ensure permanent and natural-looking results. FUT can be performed through strip harvesting or follicular unit extraction (FUE).
FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction)
- FUE, a meticulous and time-consuming process, can be done in a single or multiple settings. It offers natural results without leaving visible marks. Highly qualified surgeons often assert that FUE is more successful than the FUT process, especially in cases where a small area of hair needs transplantation or for procedures like scar repairs and eyebrow transplants. FUE can even be used to transplant body hair to the scalp.
What Happens During FUE?
- Removal of Hair Follicles: Hair follicles from the back of the head are surgically removed and relocated to the balding areas.
- Donor Area Preparation: Before surgery, the hair in the donor area is trimmed and given local anesthesia.
- Tissue Removal and Suturing: The tissue containing bald-resistant hair follicles is surgically removed, and the donor area is sutured. Sutures are hidden by combing the hair over them and are removed about ten days after surgery.
- Graft Preparation: Surgical technicians use microscopes to dissect and prepare follicular unit grafts from the donor tissue.
- Recipient Area Preparation: Local anesthesia is given, and the balding recipient area is prepared without trimming or removing hair.
- Incisions and Graft Placement: Tiny incisions are made in the recipient area, and follicular unit grafts are placed in an irregular pattern. Grafts are placed as per densities.
- Post-Surgery: After the surgery, tiny incisions with short hair are visible, and the redness in the recipient area naturally fades within a week.
- Hair Shedding and Regrowth: Transplanted hair sheds between two to four weeks post-surgery, and then the roots start sprouting hair naturally, continuing for a lifetime.
For personalized advice, we recommend a FREE consultation with one of GLOJAS Doctors, experts in the field, to identify the right hair treatment to achieve your goals.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
- Q1: Is hair transplant a safe procedure?
- A: Yes, hair transplant is a safe and proven procedure when performed by qualified professionals.
- Q2: What are the latest techniques in hair transplantation?
- A: Latest techniques include follicular hair transplantation (FUT), particularly follicular unit extraction (FUE).
- Q3: Which is more successful, FUE or FUT?
- A: Highly qualified surgeons often assert that FUE is more successful than the FUT process.
- Q4: Can FUE be performed in a single setting?
- A: Yes, FUE can be done in a single or multiple settings, depending on the individual case.
- Q5: Is there any scarring after an FUE procedure?
- A: FUE leaves no visible marks or scarring, providing natural-looking results.
- Q6: How long does it take for sutures to be removed after FUE?
- A: Sutures are usually removed about ten days after the FUE procedure.
- Q7: When does transplanted hair start regrowing?
- A: Transplanted hair sheds between two to four weeks after surgery, and regrowth starts thereafter.
- Q8: Can FUE be used for eyebrow transplants?
- A: Yes, FUE can be utilized for procedures like eyebrow transplants.
- Q9: Is hair transplant a lasting solution?
- A: Yes, the transplanted hair behaves like natural hair and continues to grow for a lifetime.
- Q10: Why is a consultation with a qualified surgeon recommended?
- A: A consultation with a qualified surgeon is crucial for personalized advice and to identify the right hair treatment for individual goals.